*A guest post
Throwing a birthday bash for your child becomes an excuse for you to let out the kid in you. However, this time, you’re using your imagination to build kids’ party themes with your child’s interest as inspiration. Party themes make it easy to plan and organize all the components of the event. From there, you can let loose your creativity to build food, decorations, favors, and activity ideas that match well with the theme.
Here are bright ideas for kids’ party themes complete with all the essential elements that make any children’s party rock.
Superhero Party Theme: Fight the bad guys and bring peace and justice to the earth with a superhero party theme.
• Invitations: There are plenty of online shops selling character party supplies, and you need just choose your child’s favorite among the lot. For instance, if your son is so much into the Caped Crusader, you can easily order Batman party supplies that include invitations. Simply fill out the invites with the important details of the party.
• Decorations: The party supplies mentioned above are normally available in bulk, which means even decorations and buntings are already included. Of course you still have the liberty to choose other Batman-inspired party decorations like a Batman standee, perhaps, or a scene setter that you can hang on a wall.
• Food: Bake or order a Batman cake. In addition, serve mini cupcakes with Batarang icing or candy on top. These are perfect complement for bat-shaped chicken nuggets generously dipped in honey-mustard. Serve them in mini pie tin foils.
• Activities: Make paper cutouts of costumes worn by characters in Batman cartoons. Have several adults line up in front, mix the cutouts in various boxes, and ask kids to pick out costume pieces in the boxes and dress up the adults in heroes and villains costumes. That would surely test the kids’ knowledge of their favorite Caped Crusader.
• Favors: Form mini boxes in the shape of the Batarang or any of Batman’s weapons and fill it these with yummy candies. Secure the box with a Batman sticker.
Disney Princess Party Theme: If you know your little girl fantasizes being a fairy princess, you can make her dream come true with this magical party theme.
• Invitations: Form the shape of fairy wing, tiara, or magic wand from vellum or translucent paper. Embellish the design with trinkets such as plastic jewels, glitter dust, or artificial flower. Write the details of the party on the cutout.
• Decorations: Fill the entire party area with flowers and other stuff that can rival a real princess’ kingdom. Tie flower garlands on table and chairs. Hang swirls from the ceilings. Cover short stools with combination of colorful fabrics to make them appear as giant mushrooms.
• Food: Line up the buffet table with edible glitters. Serve fudgy fairy-dust wand cupcakes. Serve colorful fruit juices in colorful drinking cups.
• Activities: Hire a face painter to draw swirly designs and apply glitters on the kids. Make sure to use non-toxic face and body paint. It is best to host the party in the garden so you can organize a treasure hunt for kids to chase after pretty jewels and fancy toys.
• Favors: Send off the beaming guests with hair accessories, nail polish, lip gloss, plastic jewels, and other stuff little girls are crazy about.
Pet Lover’s Party Theme: If your child is fond of animals, choose from kids party themes that focus on his animal friend. This does not mean inviting all the kids’ pets instead your guests can come dress up to pretend as the cute and adorable furry companion they care for.
• Invitations: Use construction paper or other heavy paper material in cutting out the shape of paws, dog heads, or dog tags. Punch a hole on the upper end then attach a beaded chain to make it look like an animal tag. Write all the details on the available space.
• Decorations: Fill the party space with your child’s animal stuff toys.
• Food: Look for recipes to learn puppy-face cupcakes, just the perfect treat for the partying little masters.
• Activities: This time, let the kids show how obedient they are as they play Master Says or Simon Says. Put a little twist by asking the players to pretend to be their own pets, all alert on their hands and knees. Design an obstacle course with tunnels, hoops, and other barriers. Make sure to employ safety measures during these activities.
• Favors: Use brown paper bags as take-home doggy goodie bags. Fill the loot bags with candies and pet-related toys. Don’t forget to include something for the pet waiting at home.
Kids’ party themes let you and the birthday celebrant work together to make the event more cohesive and fun. Choose a theme that best characterizes your child’s personality and speak volume about his/her interests.