I was tagged by a dear friend, Joy of JoyRide and so I decided to create a 2-in-1 post at first. To not lose the momentum, I guess.
Sept. 14, I am grateful for..
– the person who found Nhald’s wallet. Our faith in humanity is still there because of him/them.
– the ability to recognize something good out of an obvious mistake. We got the chance to go out together as partners, it was quite an adventure.
– the simple fact that my kids’ have the ability to take care of each other while Mom & Dad is out.
Sept. 15. I am grateful for…
– an additional rest day for the kids and that Malacañang initiated the suspension of classes as early as last night because of thypoon Luis.
– my awesome clients for the trust they have given me.
– Keanna’s achievement for the 1st grading period.
I have this posted in my Facebook account but since we are promoting something really good here, it is best to share it in public too. So, if you were tagged by a friend, be it on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or through blogs and other social media websites, go ahead and join in. You will be surprised as to how much there is to really be thankful for instead of wasting our time with all the what-if’s and I should have’s.
Have a great day everyone!
If your doctor told you that you have Type 2 diabetes, it’s not the end of the world. It is a dreadful disease, but there are ways to manage this metabolic disorder. The first step is to understand it and the treatment options at your disposal. Always remember, you have options. There are, of course, the traditional medications that doctors will prescribe to you. Then there are the complementary alternative medicines (CAM) that people of this generation are starting to embrace. Then finally, there are natural remedies for diabetes Type 2 that you may want to try for all its merits.
There is nothing wrong with listening to your doctor. There are, however, good reasons to try alternative treatments. Natural remedies for Type 2 diabetes especially the safe ones are good to try especially when they do not have any possible adverse side effects. For people who can’t afford expensive maintenance drugs, natural remedies are great alternatives that cannot be ignored. Here are a few remedies that you can derive from natural sources:
• Aloe Vera. This medicinal herb has wonderful uses in treating minor cuts, burns and other skin disorders. Recent studies are showing that its gel or sap has a lowering effect in blood sugar. Phytosterol compounds were isolated and were proven to have good effect sin lowering blood glucose as well as glycosylated hemoglobin levels.
• Cinnamon. Numerous studies have already revealed that cinnamon can improve the glucose level of people with Type 2 diabetes as well as the levels of LDL, triglycerides, cholesterol, and total cholesterol. Cinnamon works by decreasing insulin resistance, a case when the hormone insulin is not working as it should. Overall, a significant number of clinical trials have shown this spice to be an effective natural treatment for the uncontrolled type 2 diabetics. With its reasonable cost, safety profile, and over-the-counter availability, it is a low risk option that is worthy to be considered.
• Royal jelly. This secretion from honeybees nurtures larvae and adult queen bees. A new research conducted in the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine showed that royal jelly can maintain blood sugar levels while controlling oxidative stress at the same time. Apparently, there is an insulin-like property in royal jelly that produces remarkable side effects on blood sugar, which could be beneficial for people suffering from Type 2 diabetes. Incidentally, you can learn more about royal jelly at LifetimeHealth.
• Food or supplements high in zinc. People suffering from Type 2 diabetes generally have low zinc status because of its decreased absorption and high rate of excretion. Zinc supplements constitute an efficient way of supplying the body with a specific daily dosage. But if you want it to come from natural sources, you can get it from foods such as fresh oysters, pecans, lamb, split peas, rye, egg yolk, beef liver, walnuts, almonds, lima beans, chicken, sardines, chicken, buckwheat, and ginger root.
• Ginseng. American ginseng is the kind used in studies related to diabetes management. Most studies using ginseng show that it can lower blood sugar levels in fasting, after-meal sugar, and A1c levels that refers to the average sugar over a period of three months. The actual mechanism and the lack of standardization in its usage, however, are still unknown. These limit its effective use in the attenuation and treatment of Type 2 diabetes.
• Foods or supplements containing chromium. This is an essential trace element that is important in fat and carbohydrate metabolism and that helps the body cells respond well to insulin. Diabetics typically have low levels of chromium. Studies showed that chromium could lead to the formation of the glucose tolerance factor that helps insulin perform better.
• Magnesium-rich foods and supplements. Magnesium is believed to play a role in insulin resistance. It is also relevant to over 300 biochemical reactions leading to nerve function, immune function, bone health, maintenance of normal blood pressure, healthy heart normal muscle function and many more. Magnesium is found in nuts and seeds, green leafy vegetables, and whole grains and in nutritional supplements among others.
Diabetes is indeed a heart-rending disorder that can wreak havoc to your normal life. Do not let it have the upper hand, fight it with natural remedies for Type 2 diabetes.
*A guest post
Throwing a birthday bash for your child becomes an excuse for you to let out the kid in you. However, this time, you’re using your imagination to build kids’ party themes with your child’s interest as inspiration. Party themes make it easy to plan and organize all the components of the event. From there, you can let loose your creativity to build food, decorations, favors, and activity ideas that match well with the theme.
Here are bright ideas for kids’ party themes complete with all the essential elements that make any children’s party rock.
Superhero Party Theme: Fight the bad guys and bring peace and justice to the earth with a superhero party theme.
• Invitations: There are plenty of online shops selling character party supplies, and you need just choose your child’s favorite among the lot. For instance, if your son is so much into the Caped Crusader, you can easily order Batman party supplies that include invitations. Simply fill out the invites with the important details of the party.
• Decorations: The party supplies mentioned above are normally available in bulk, which means even decorations and buntings are already included. Of course you still have the liberty to choose other Batman-inspired party decorations like a Batman standee, perhaps, or a scene setter that you can hang on a wall.
• Food: Bake or order a Batman cake. In addition, serve mini cupcakes with Batarang icing or candy on top. These are perfect complement for bat-shaped chicken nuggets generously dipped in honey-mustard. Serve them in mini pie tin foils.
• Activities: Make paper cutouts of costumes worn by characters in Batman cartoons. Have several adults line up in front, mix the cutouts in various boxes, and ask kids to pick out costume pieces in the boxes and dress up the adults in heroes and villains costumes. That would surely test the kids’ knowledge of their favorite Caped Crusader.
• Favors: Form mini boxes in the shape of the Batarang or any of Batman’s weapons and fill it these with yummy candies. Secure the box with a Batman sticker.
Disney Princess Party Theme: If you know your little girl fantasizes being a fairy princess, you can make her dream come true with this magical party theme.
• Invitations: Form the shape of fairy wing, tiara, or magic wand from vellum or translucent paper. Embellish the design with trinkets such as plastic jewels, glitter dust, or artificial flower. Write the details of the party on the cutout.
• Decorations: Fill the entire party area with flowers and other stuff that can rival a real princess’ kingdom. Tie flower garlands on table and chairs. Hang swirls from the ceilings. Cover short stools with combination of colorful fabrics to make them appear as giant mushrooms.
• Food: Line up the buffet table with edible glitters. Serve fudgy fairy-dust wand cupcakes. Serve colorful fruit juices in colorful drinking cups.
• Activities: Hire a face painter to draw swirly designs and apply glitters on the kids. Make sure to use non-toxic face and body paint. It is best to host the party in the garden so you can organize a treasure hunt for kids to chase after pretty jewels and fancy toys.
• Favors: Send off the beaming guests with hair accessories, nail polish, lip gloss, plastic jewels, and other stuff little girls are crazy about.
Pet Lover’s Party Theme: If your child is fond of animals, choose from kids party themes that focus on his animal friend. This does not mean inviting all the kids’ pets instead your guests can come dress up to pretend as the cute and adorable furry companion they care for.
• Invitations: Use construction paper or other heavy paper material in cutting out the shape of paws, dog heads, or dog tags. Punch a hole on the upper end then attach a beaded chain to make it look like an animal tag. Write all the details on the available space.
• Decorations: Fill the party space with your child’s animal stuff toys.
• Food: Look for recipes to learn puppy-face cupcakes, just the perfect treat for the partying little masters.
• Activities: This time, let the kids show how obedient they are as they play Master Says or Simon Says. Put a little twist by asking the players to pretend to be their own pets, all alert on their hands and knees. Design an obstacle course with tunnels, hoops, and other barriers. Make sure to employ safety measures during these activities.
• Favors: Use brown paper bags as take-home doggy goodie bags. Fill the loot bags with candies and pet-related toys. Don’t forget to include something for the pet waiting at home.
Kids’ party themes let you and the birthday celebrant work together to make the event more cohesive and fun. Choose a theme that best characterizes your child’s personality and speak volume about his/her interests.
Everyone of us dreams of a nice home, with a beautiful kitchen. If not all, at least I do and I know some Mommy friends do too. My dream kitchen has been drafted in my mind for some time now but of course, it is interesting to know how the kitchen design has evolved. This way, we may be able to discover things and ideas that we may want to add in our dream kitchens.
The History of Kitchen Design Infographic by Kitchen Cabinet Kings
Read more: http://www.kitchencabinetkings.com/blog/history-of-kitchen-design/#ixzz35HIzEK2P
I was browsing through new posts from my Instagram account, and then I saw three consecutive posts from Kristine Hermosa Sotto (@khsotto ). I was inspired, really. So inspired I made this (quoted from her posts). I found out from the photo comments the posts were from All Devotion Bible application. Inspiring message from Psalm 25:5.
It’s summer and the weird weather made my girls thirst more not just for snacks that can keep their cool but for fun indoor activities as well. Due to our very tight budget (yes, you have read it right), we are mostly just at home and our outdoor activities normally happens during Sundays to attend the mass and mid-week for the market. That is already fun, we make sure there is learning and so as fun. It is honestly a challenge but I am a bit surprise of myself too that I have become good with budget meals and still serve kids with healthy snacks. We also have been making ice pops (ice candy), Buko Pandan or Lychee flavored gelatin and Mais con Hielo. Plus, we have been receiving servings of HaloHalo (from in laws) too.
As a SMM assistant, I have been consistently updating a client’s Pinterest account and learned a lot from it already. Home ideas, DIYs and life hacks as well. I have been pinning most of the ideas I get from everywhere in Pinterest and so as trying some, when I need to.
My elder daughter started sneezing and coughing hard Friday night during sleep and then suffered from colds, headache and low fever the next day. This may have been because we frequently grab something cold to drink and munch on. So, right before sleeping, I tried this on her:
I gave her a little massage as I rub ample amount of Vick’s Vapo-Rub on her neck, back and chest . Her little sister also insisted on having some in her feet and to put on her socks afterwards. I’ll have to make sure too to serve them with either Kalamansi juice or PJ. I have read from a Pinterest photo link that: “Pineapple Juice is 5 times more effective than cough syrup. It also prevents colds and flu.” We love Pineapple juice and so as munching the sweet fruit itself.
I am thankful to have learned a lot from Pinterest but I never liked to use any life hacks such as this one (cure tips) especially for my kids. Health is wealth as we say and parents would not want kids to suffer even from cough and colds. With this being said, I also have doubled their Vitamin C intake. This has worked for my kids every time.
Today, I got up a little late for the Sunday mass on TV. Still, I decided to start my day with the mass. I missed about 80% of the mass but really learned something great. There, I found out that today is The Divine Mercy Sunday, the first Sunday after Easter.
When I was a still a kid, I remember that my Grandmother (who was then a member of The Catholic Women’s League) would always encourage me and my cousins to come with her to church and attend the mass and even join processions. Now, I have realized that the procession that happens every Sunday after Easter is for the feast of The Divine Mercy.
I have then made a little research about the Divine Mercy Sunday and I am glad I did because today is also a special and blessed day for all the Catholics in the world. Popes John XXIII and John Paul II will be canonized today. The canonization of the two former Popes will be presided by Pope Francis during a Mass at the St. Peter’s Square. Huge crowd has poured in Rome as this is yet another global media event to look forward to.
Everything that follows herewith are the information I got from Wiki:
Divine Mercy Sunday is originally based on the Catholic devotion to the Divine Mercy that Saint Faustina Kowalska reported as part of her encounter with Jesus, and is associated with special promises from Jesus and indulgences issued by the Church.
Faustina Kowalska, a Polish nun reported visions and visitations from Jesus and conversations with Him. He asked her to paint the vision of his Merciful Divinity being poured from his sacred heart and specifically asked for a feast of Divine Mercy to be established on the first Sunday after Easter so mankind would take refuge in Him:
“I want the image solemnly blessed on the first Sunday after Easter, and I want it to be venerated publicly so that every soul may know about it.” (Jesus’ words, Diary 341)
“Yes, the first Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Mercy, but there must also be deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to our neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to absolve yourself from it.” (Diary 742)
The devotion was actively promoted by Pope John Paul II who, On 30 April 2000, canonized Faustina Kowalska, and officially designated the Sunday after Easter as the Sunday of the Divine Mercy in the General Roman Calendar.
A year after establishing Divine Mercy Sunday, on April 22, 2001 Pope John Paul II re-emphasized its message in the resurrection context of Easter:
Jesus said to Sr Faustina one day: “Humanity will never find peace until it turns with trust to Divine Mercy”. Divine Mercy! This is the Easter gift that the Church receives from the risen Christ and offers to humanity.
The devotion to Divine Mercy Sunday grew rapidly after its designation by Pope John Paul II and is now widely celebrated by Catholics.
My friend Pia recommended this movie to me when she tagged me in her Facebook status sometime last week. In her stat, she has declared how she has been touched by the movie that she had to suffer from a headache after crying (because of the movie).
From then, I searched for info and photos of Miracle in Cell No.7 and honestly got a lot more curious. Since last week was the Holy Week, I grabbed the opportunity to work for additional hours. We stayed at home and only until Sunday did we went out and attended the “Salubong” and Easter Sunday mass. I forgot about the movie already. My kids and I (while working) watched previous seasons of Amazing Race and also the pilot episode of The Bible. And then, I saw another good review of the movie Miracle in Cell No.7 which reminded me to look for a good link, so we can watch it online. I did found one and we watched the movie last night, at last!
Miracle in Cell No.7, if you will search through Wiki and IMDb is South Korean film which is a mix of comedy and melodrama. It is a story of a witty and adorable 6 year old girl and her mentally challenged father. The loving father who was wrongfully accused of abduction, sexual abuse and murder. It is a beautiful story of a father who will do everything to give his daughter the best he can (even given with challenges). A (real life) story of how people, in their words and in their acts can change and give another person’s life a twist. Bad and good, I should say. It is a sad story of how power and education (can I please include politics) can do great to someone’s life but can also ruin it – totally screw it!
The movie, Miracle in Cell No.7 is yet another movie a lot of us can not forget. We may have seen things in it in different perspectives but each of these views have touched our hearts and taught our minds. In the end, family is not just about blood. True friends are family too. The movie also reminded me that sometimes the little things have the biggest impacts in our lives.
This movie, by the way, is the 3rd most viewed Korean film. We highly recommend for you to also watch Miracle in Cell No.7 and better ready your tissues or handkerchief with you. No one is ever hard not to be moved by the movie.
So, tonight’s the fight!
Everyone is very much excited to see the Philippines’ pride Manny Pacquiao in his battle, once again, with Bradley. Who will ever forget Pacquiao’s defeat last 2012? It broke the heart of many Filipinos and Pacquiao fans worldwide. And today, in this second bound, will Manny Pacquiao finally redeem himself? Or will this fight just once again bring us his fans to that feeling and thought that says, Manny should really retire now?
This rematch is definitely a competitive one and as expected, Manny Pacquiao is the favorite. Let us wait and see as the fight will start and end tonight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. And did you know that Pacquiao has been fighting for over a decade now in Las Vegas? He has earned a lot in all his fight and so as the Las Vegas establishments as well. Nevada must have loved Pacquiao so much because in all honesty, Pacquiao has contributed so much in their sales, or should we say, their economic growth? So, lets give everyone in Las Vegas, Pacquiao and his opponents a shout out!
Pacquiao, Filipinos will never quit loving you as a boxer. Whatever happens, you have brought so much pride for the Filipinos worldwide. All the best, Pambansang Kamao!