Eastern Summit Life Insurance Agency is looking for Part Time and Full Time individuals to become licensed Financial and Insurance Consultants. We need more hands to work with us in reaching out to more Filipinos and share with them the value of savings, investments and protection.
With this, we have exclusively prepared an AWESOME career preview for you.
When: November 11, 2017
Time: Registration starts at 1PM
Where: Mayuree Ballroom 1
Dusit Thani Hotel , Makati
Get to listen and learn from the premiere wealth and life coach, Mr. Chinkee Tan! Attend the session for FREE! And, be inspired as successful people in this career share their journey.
Pre-registration is required. Please comment or send a direct message.
I have recently discovered Lumen5 from a friend and fellow freelancer. She made a very nice video for a client we are both working with and it is impressive. So, I got really curious of it as it will sure help me out in creating VLOGs which I can of course, use. Now, here is the first vlog I made based from my previous post “Financial Tips This Christmas Season“.
Lumen5 is indeed a great tool! It is a video creating platform to produce high quality social media content. It is user-friendly and has a wide range of free materials that you can use in your videos. This video I created is a mixed of my own images and from their media library too, including the background music.
I’m all support for a dear friend’s business venture. I have seen how she has diligently planned for this to come true.
People from the North, let me inform you that Jackie’s Food Hub has opened its first 2 food carts at Howmart Road, Brgy. Apolonio Samson. My friend Yang and her partner had their dreams slowly turn to reality.
Jackie’s Food Hub offers Sisig, Lechon Kawali and Nachos for only Php50. Japanese siomai and pork siomai is also available at a very affordable price. Yang also offers her very own, home-made condiments such as shrimp paste, Chili paste, Garlic oil, Ginger oil, Pickled chili, and Pinakurat (Spiced Vinegar). All these products and her biz itself is of course, DTI registered.
Pork Sisig and Nachos was a hit at yesterday’s launch. Soon, few more food cart “branches” will open in the nearby areas.
I am but a proud friend. Who would not keep going if your mere presence is much appreciated by her very own granddaughter, Mica? Mica has always been Yang’s inspiration and so as her blessing. I am sure Yang will succeed in this business venture.
Make your family day worthwhile and memorable, include movies! And what better way to watch a movie than from a big screen? Getting free tickets, that is!
Yes, it is true! Since July 2 of this year, SM Cinema has this great offer. When you purchase two (2) SM Cinema tickets, you get additional two (2) movie tickets for free. The free movie tickets are applicable to kids 4 ft. below and must be used on the same day the tickets were purchased. By the way, there are specific movies for this promo, here:
August 20 – 21: Sammy 2: Escape From Paradise
September 10 – 11: Ultraman Ginga
October 15 – 16: Ooops: Noah is Gone 3D
November 19 – 20: Dino Time 3D
Your kids will sure enjoy as SM Cinema offers these free movie tickets plus exciting activities. So, if you haven’t been out last weekend because of the monsoon rains, like us, this your chance to spend a fun-filled weekend with the kids. Too bad, my eldest kid is almost 5ft. tall.
Go grab this opportunity as the promo runs until December 31, 2016 only.
The info in this post came from the email announcement by SM Lifestyle Entertainment.
Are you someone who wants to serve the government and be part of Duterte administration?
Are you someone who already took but failed the Civil Service exam in the past?
Are you 18 years old and above?
If you are anyone of the above, then it is your chance to take part of the nationwide Career Service examination, Paper-and-Pencil (CSE-PPT) on October 23, 2016. An announcement has been posted since last year. A cousin of mine took and passed the exam scheduled last April, 2016. With that, I am interested in trying it again, for the second time. It felt bad to have failed and realized you are just a percentile away from the passing score.
Application form can be downloaded from the CSC website. Deadline of application is on September 1, 2016. For other qualifications and information, check out the Career Service Examination announcement here.
Throwing a birthday bash for your child becomes an excuse for you to let out the kid in you. However, this time, you’re using your imagination to build kids’ party themes with your child’s interest as inspiration. Party themes make it easy to plan and organize all the components of the event. From there, you can let loose your creativity to build food, decorations, favors, and activity ideas that match well with the theme.
Here are bright ideas for kids’ party themes complete with all the essential elements that make any children’s party rock.
Superhero Party Theme: Fight the bad guys and bring peace and justice to the earth with a superhero party theme.
• Invitations: There are plenty of online shops selling character party supplies, and you need just choose your child’s favorite among the lot. For instance, if your son is so much into the Caped Crusader, you can easily order Batman party supplies that include invitations. Simply fill out the invites with the important details of the party.
• Decorations: The party supplies mentioned above are normally available in bulk, which means even decorations and buntings are already included. Of course you still have the liberty to choose other Batman-inspired party decorations like a Batman standee, perhaps, or a scene setter that you can hang on a wall.
• Food: Bake or order a Batman cake. In addition, serve mini cupcakes with Batarang icing or candy on top. These are perfect complement for bat-shaped chicken nuggets generously dipped in honey-mustard. Serve them in mini pie tin foils.
• Activities: Make paper cutouts of costumes worn by characters in Batman cartoons. Have several adults line up in front, mix the cutouts in various boxes, and ask kids to pick out costume pieces in the boxes and dress up the adults in heroes and villains costumes. That would surely test the kids’ knowledge of their favorite Caped Crusader.
• Favors: Form mini boxes in the shape of the Batarang or any of Batman’s weapons and fill it these with yummy candies. Secure the box with a Batman sticker.
Disney Princess Party Theme: If you know your little girl fantasizes being a fairy princess, you can make her dream come true with this magical party theme.
• Invitations: Form the shape of fairy wing, tiara, or magic wand from vellum or translucent paper. Embellish the design with trinkets such as plastic jewels, glitter dust, or artificial flower. Write the details of the party on the cutout.
• Decorations: Fill the entire party area with flowers and other stuff that can rival a real princess’ kingdom. Tie flower garlands on table and chairs. Hang swirls from the ceilings. Cover short stools with combination of colorful fabrics to make them appear as giant mushrooms.
• Food: Line up the buffet table with edible glitters. Serve fudgy fairy-dust wand cupcakes. Serve colorful fruit juices in colorful drinking cups.
• Activities: Hire a face painter to draw swirly designs and apply glitters on the kids. Make sure to use non-toxic face and body paint. It is best to host the party in the garden so you can organize a treasure hunt for kids to chase after pretty jewels and fancy toys.
• Favors: Send off the beaming guests with hair accessories, nail polish, lip gloss, plastic jewels, and other stuff little girls are crazy about.
Pet Lover’s Party Theme: If your child is fond of animals, choose from kids party themes that focus on his animal friend. This does not mean inviting all the kids’ pets instead your guests can come dress up to pretend as the cute and adorable furry companion they care for.
• Invitations: Use construction paper or other heavy paper material in cutting out the shape of paws, dog heads, or dog tags. Punch a hole on the upper end then attach a beaded chain to make it look like an animal tag. Write all the details on the available space.
• Decorations: Fill the party space with your child’s animal stuff toys.
• Food: Look for recipes to learn puppy-face cupcakes, just the perfect treat for the partying little masters.
• Activities: This time, let the kids show how obedient they are as they play Master Says or Simon Says. Put a little twist by asking the players to pretend to be their own pets, all alert on their hands and knees. Design an obstacle course with tunnels, hoops, and other barriers. Make sure to employ safety measures during these activities.
• Favors: Use brown paper bags as take-home doggy goodie bags. Fill the loot bags with candies and pet-related toys. Don’t forget to include something for the pet waiting at home.
Kids’ party themes let you and the birthday celebrant work together to make the event more cohesive and fun. Choose a theme that best characterizes your child’s personality and speak volume about his/her interests.
Today, I got up a little late for the Sunday mass on TV. Still, I decided to start my day with the mass. I missed about 80% of the mass but really learned something great. There, I found out that today is The Divine Mercy Sunday, the first Sunday after Easter.
When I was a still a kid, I remember that my Grandmother (who was then a member of The Catholic Women’s League) would always encourage me and my cousins to come with her to church and attend the mass and even join processions. Now, I have realized that the procession that happens every Sunday after Easter is for the feast of The Divine Mercy.
I have then made a little research about the Divine Mercy Sunday and I am glad I did because today is also a special and blessed day for all the Catholics in the world. Popes John XXIII and John Paul II will be canonized today. The canonization of the two former Popes will be presided by Pope Francis during a Mass at the St. Peter’s Square. Huge crowd has poured in Rome as this is yet another global media event to look forward to.
Everything that follows herewith are the information I got from Wiki:
Divine Mercy Sunday is originally based on the Catholic devotion to the Divine Mercy that Saint Faustina Kowalska reported as part of her encounter with Jesus, and is associated with special promises from Jesus and indulgences issued by the Church.
Faustina Kowalska, a Polish nun reported visions and visitations from Jesus and conversations with Him. He asked her to paint the vision of his Merciful Divinity being poured from his sacred heart and specifically asked for a feast of Divine Mercy to be established on the first Sunday after Easter so mankind would take refuge in Him:
“I want the image solemnly blessed on the first Sunday after Easter, and I want it to be venerated publicly so that every soul may know about it.” (Jesus’ words, Diary 341)
“Yes, the first Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Mercy, but there must also be deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to our neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to absolve yourself from it.” (Diary 742)
The devotion was actively promoted by Pope John Paul II who, On 30 April 2000, canonized Faustina Kowalska, and officially designated the Sunday after Easter as the Sunday of the Divine Mercy in the General Roman Calendar.
A year after establishing Divine Mercy Sunday, on April 22, 2001 Pope John Paul II re-emphasized its message in the resurrection context of Easter:
Jesus said to Sr Faustina one day: “Humanity will never find peace until it turns with trust to Divine Mercy”. Divine Mercy! This is the Easter gift that the Church receives from the risen Christ and offers to humanity.
The devotion to Divine Mercy Sunday grew rapidly after its designation by Pope John Paul II and is now widely celebrated by Catholics.
Everyone is very much excited to see the Philippines’ pride Manny Pacquiao in his battle, once again, with Bradley. Who will ever forget Pacquiao’s defeat last 2012? It broke the heart of many Filipinos and Pacquiao fans worldwide. And today, in this second bound, will Manny Pacquiao finally redeem himself? Or will this fight just once again bring us his fans to that feeling and thought that says, Manny should really retire now?
This rematch is definitely a competitive one and as expected, Manny Pacquiao is the favorite. Let us wait and see as the fight will start and end tonight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. And did you know that Pacquiao has been fighting for over a decade now in Las Vegas? He has earned a lot in all his fight and so as the Las Vegas establishments as well. Nevada must have loved Pacquiao so much because in all honesty, Pacquiao has contributed so much in their sales, or should we say, their economic growth? So, lets give everyone in Las Vegas, Pacquiao and his opponents a shout out!
Pacquiao, Filipinos will never quit loving you as a boxer. Whatever happens, you have brought so much pride for the Filipinos worldwide. All the best, Pambansang Kamao!